Student support services
At TAFE NSW, Northern Sydney we know that when you enjoy what you do, success seems to come more easily. That is why staff in our locations and specialist centres go out of their way to create a supportive learning environment, and provide services to ensure that you get the most out of your studies.
There are services to support you in all areas of student life, from choosing a course to graduation. Student support services staff are there to help make your experience with us enjoyable and productive and to create opportunities for students with particular needs and interests.
- As a TAFE NSW, Northern Sydney student, you have access to counselling and career services to help you plan your course of study and develop skills for success in your career. Using our student JobBoard you can create a jobseeker profile, connect with employers and access real-time job match notifications.
- Our learner support services and study centres can assist you with your studies and help you get the most out of your learning experience.
- As a student you have access to seven TAFE NSW, Northern Sydney libraries that have an extensive collection of learning resources, reference and information services, plus internet access, online databases and information networks, learning equipment and study facilities.
- If you have a disability, our qualified disability teacher-consultants can work with you and provide strategies such as learner support, adaptive technology, alternative format material, interpreters, exam support and physical access.
- Our outreach programs can assist you if you live in a remote location or are experiencing financial, social or other barriers that make it difficult to access courses.
- If English is not your main language, or if you need assistance with literacy, our range of multicultural education services can assist you.
- The Aboriginal Education and Training Unit provides a range of support services for Indigenous students, including learner support, course information and advice on pathways to higher education.
See our services section for more information on how we can support you.