Meadowbank children's centre
About our centre
Meadowbank Children’s Centre is TAFE NSW, Northern Sydney's child care facility located on the grounds of Meadowbank.
Our centre gives priority to TAFE students who wish to enrol their children in child care however, staff and community places may be available.
The centre is licensed by Community Services and has been accredited by the National Childcare Accreditation Council and received ‘High Rating’ in all areas.
We cater for children from 6 weeks to school age and can accommodate up to 39 children per day.
The centre has two main teaching play rooms plus an outdoor area which are organised to meet the needs of children of different ages. There is a toddler’s room (6 weeks-3 years) and a preschool room (3-5 years).
The children's centre is open five days per week, from 8 am to 6 pm.
It is open 48 weeks per year and closed for 4 weeks over the Christmas period. Fees are not charged for the 4 weeks that the children's centre is closed.
We believe in:
- providing a safe and caring environment that is flexible enough to meet the needs of all families
- educators working together with families in partnership to support young children's learning
- having an image of children as being strong, capable, clever, intelligent and able to contribute and make decisions about their own learning, as reflected in the NSW Curriculum Framework
- providing a supportive environment for both families and children in which diversity of culture, race, religion and ability is acknowledged and respected.
The centre provides positive learning environments for young children, fostering self-esteem and valuing each child's work. The inclusive program is based on children's interests and development as individuals and involves children in self-directed experiences. The program is developed in partnership with families to ensure the interests of all are respected and observed.
Our programs offer:
- a range of interesting, challenging and fun experiences for individual children and the group as a whole
- opportunities for children to express their ideas and learning through languages such as visual arts, building, construction and literacy
- support and guidance by our teachers during the children's day-to-day interactions, modelling positive behaviour as a fundamental approach to life
- environmental education in our daily practices
- projects built around children's strengths and interests.
Our staff members are experienced, qualified early childhood educators who have completed the Diploma or Certificate III in Children's Services or a university teaching degree. They represent the diverse cultural backgrounds of the local community.
The centre director is actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the centre spending time in each room to support experiences as needed.
How to apply for child care
To apply for child care you will need to complete the Application for Care form (PDF, 112KB) and lodge it at the children's centre in the following ways:
In person: Meadowbank Children's Centre
See Street, Meadowbank
By email: NSI.Meadowbankcc@tafensw.edu.au
When you lodge your completed application form your name will be placed the waiting list - you are not guaranteed a place for your child. Places are limited and priorities apply - see DEEWR Child Care Services Handbook.
- We will notify you when a place becomes available and invite you to attend an orientation session.
- If you are a TAFE student you will need to present your TAFE enrolment papers and timetables. Children are enrolled in the centre according to parents' study timetables and commitments.
- TAFE staff and community members can apply for child care at any time. If there is a position available within the allocated places your child can be enrolled immediately. If there are no places available you will be placed on a waiting list.
- If your phone number or any other details change or you are given a place at another centre please let us know so that we can keep our waiting list up to date.
- Please contact the centre for information on current fees.
- Child Care Benefit applies, which means that the government will pay part of your fee for you, depending on your gross income. Forms are available from Centrelink or by phoning 136 150.
- Fees are paid via EFTPOS or credit card and are paid 2 weeks in advance.
- Further information about fees will be provided upon enrolment.
Meadowbank Children's Centre
See Street, Meadowbank
(between See Street Gallery and See Street car park)
Telephone: (02) 9942 3642 or 9942 3643