How to Apply
For vocational courses and degree programs you can apply directly to the Northern Sydney Institute or through an approved education agent. The agent can help you with your study options and guide you through the application process - see find an agent.
Below is a step-by-step guide to the application process for international students.
|Choose a course and campus|
|Complete the relevant application form(s)|
|Complete and submit your application|
|Receive your offer|
|Accept your offer|
|Apply for your visa and enrol|
STEP 1 - Choose a Course and Campus
- Identify your course and campus location. You may nominate up to two courses in the application form.
- Check the academic and English language requirements for entry into your selected course.
- For some courses you may need to have completed a lower level course as an entry requirement. If you do not meet the academic requirements, you may package a lower level course (for example, a certificate course) with a higher level course such as a diploma or a degree.
- If you do not meet the English language requirements, you can apply to study English at the TAFE English Language Centre (TELC) before you start your vocational or degree course.
STEP 2 - Choose the relevant Application Form(s)
English course only
See apply for TAFE English Language Centre (TELC)
Vocational course, TAFE NSW degree program & courses packaged with EnglishTAFE NSW International Student Application Form
Note: If you are packaging English and a vocational course or a degree, nominate a starting date for your English course.
Diploma-to-Degree (D2D) pathway programs
To apply for a D2D program you will need to complete a TAFE NSW International Student Application Form and an application form for one of our University partners. Your educational agent can help you complete the application form and provide advice on the relevant documents you will need to include. You can also contact us if you need assistance.
STEP 3 - Complete and Submit the Application
- Complete the relevant application form(s).
- Include certified copies of your academic records.
- Read and sign the declaration acknowledging you have understood and agree to comply with the TAFE NSW terms and conditions.
Applications to study at the Northern Sydney Institute are processed at a central location. Completed applications can be submitted in a number of ways.
|Through one of our approved educational agents|
STEP 4 - Receive your Offer
If you meet the entry criteria and include the correct documents, you will be sent a Letter of Offer and an invoice advising fee payments and other charges. If you applied through an agent, your Letter of Offer will be sent to your agent.
STEP 5 - Accept your Offer
To accept the offer, pay the fees and charges listed on the invoice. Once payment is received an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) will be issued to you.
Step 6 - Apply for your visa and enrol
Use the eCoE to apply for your student visa that allows you to study in Australia. Your educational agent may assist you with your visa application.
Along with the eCOE you will receive details about enrolment and orientation at the Northern Sydney Institute.