About TAFE English Language Centre (TELC)
The TAFE English Language Centre (TELC) is part of the Northern Sydney Institute, TAFE NSW which is owned and operated by the NSW state government.
TELC is one of the oldest and most respected English language centres in Sydney. We offer high quality; accredited English language courses for overseas students who wish to live and study English in Sydney.
Why study at TELC?
- We are quality controlled. The quality of our courses is guaranteed by the government and respected internationally.
- Qualified, professional teachers focus on your individual study needs to ensure you develop the knowledge and English skills you need to help you achieve your goals.
- Our international student coordinators are on campus to help you settle in and to support you throughout your study and consideration of your career options.
- As a student at TELC you will have access to all of the services and facilities on campus including libraries, free WiFi, free tutorial support, career counsellors and job finding service.
- You will be studying with students from different nationalities and will have the opportunity to make new friends from across the world.
- As a successful graduate from the TAFE English Language Centre you are guaranteed a place in a TAFE NSW Degree, Advanced Diploma, Diploma or Certificate course (academic entry requirements must be met).
The Northern Sydney Institute, part of TAFE NSW is registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) to provide training to overseas students who have Australian student visas (CRICOS Code 00591E).
Australian Quality Framework
The English for Hospitality courses are nationally recognised and are part of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). The AQF is a quality assured national framework of qualifications in the school, vocational education and training (VET), and higher education sectors in Australia. It provides nationally consistent recognition of outcomes achieved in education and training and promotes national and international recognition of qualifications offered in Australia.
National ELT Accreditation Scheme
In addition, the Northern Sydney Institute’s TAFE English Language Centre (TELC) is a member of English Australia and NEAS (National ELT Accreditation Scheme). English Australia is the national peak body for the English language sector of international education in Australia and NEAS is a global leader in quality assurance for English language teaching sectors (ELT).