VET Student Loans
From 1 January 2017, the Commonwealth VET Student Loans program will replace the existing VET FEE-HELP loan program.
This Commonwealth Government program allows you to access loans for courses that:
- have a high national priority
- meet industry needs
- contribute to addressing skills shortages
- lead to employment outcomes
The program also features loan caps for course loans. This means if your fees are above the loan cap, you will need to pay the difference. Most TAFE NSW students will not be affected by loan caps, but if you are, you will be advised of this during your enrolment.
For more information about eligibility, how to apply and loan repayment see the
TAFE NSW website
VET FEE-HELP for existing students
You can continue to study under your VET FEE-HELP loan if you're an existing student and you'll finish your course before the end of 2017. If you're not going to finish in 2017, your college will contact you to discuss your options.
For all continuing VET FEE-HELP students, the Commonwealth Government has a new "opt in" process:
- you'll be contacted by mail or email to confirm that you wish to continue your studies
- you'll then need to complete and submit a form to the Commonwealth Government
- you'll need to provide TAFE NSW with a copy of your loan confirmation letter (not your "opt in" email).
For more information please speak with our customer service team or refer to the Commonwealth Department of Education and Training website.
Contact us on: 131 674