Enrolling and registering
The process below is relevant for most of our courses, however different enrolment processes do apply if you are:
To enrol in a government subsidised course:
Many of our courses are subsidised by the NSW Government under the Smart and Skilled reform. This means that the government will pay part of the student fee on your behalf, and you pay the balance.
For details on government subsidised training, including eligibility, see Smart and Skilled.
- Find a government subsidised course that you are interested in.
- Check the course details and entry requirements, including any information session dates. Before enrolling you should also read the Smart and Skilled Student Information Pack.
- Choose a location and government subsidised offering that suits you and click on APPLY, ENROL or REGISTER.
- If you're not ready to enrol you can also choose CALCULATE FEE button to estimate your fee for the course. Answer the questions to check your eligibility for government subsidised training.
If you are eligible, you can estimate your fee then choose to complete and submit your application.
- If your application is successful you will be contacted with instructions on how to complete your enrolment and pay your fee.
If you are not eligible for subsidised training, you can still enrol in the course, but you will need to pay the full fee. For further information about fees for government subsidised courses see Fees and Financial Assistance.
A small number of government subsidised courses are funded outside of Smart and Skilled. To apply or enrol in these courses follow the instructions on the course page.
To enrol in a non-subsidised course:
- Find an NSI Plus course that you are interested in.
- Check the course details and entry requirements, including any information session dates. The NSI Plus fee will be listed within the course details.
- Choose a location and date that suits you.
- For most courses you will be able to fully enrol and pay online. Simply click on ENROL and follow the instructions.
- If you need to provide proof of academic qualifications, submit a portfolio or attend an information session or interview prior to enrolment click on APPLY and complete the form. You will be notified about what you need to do to complete your enrolment.
To apply for a degree program:
Information about applying for a TAFE NSW or university partnership degree can be found under degree programs.
Don't forget to get your Unique Student Identifier (USI)
All students studying a nationally recognised qualification in Australia will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) before they can enrol.
A Unique Student Identifier is a Commonwealth reference number made up of 10 letters and numbers. Your USI will give you access to an online account where you can see all your student records and results of nationally recognised training from all providers in one place.
To find out how to create a USI visit www.usi.gov.au or talk to your local campus about creating a USI for you.
Get your skills recognised!
You may be eligible for recognition of previous study, work or life experience that is relevant to your course. Your existing skills and experience can be assessed and credited towards the course in which you are enrolling. This means you will not need to relearn what you already know and will be able to finish your qualification in a shorter time.
If you wish to apply for recognition speak to a customer service officer or your teacher at enrolment, or as soon as possible after class begins, so that you can start the recognition process.
For more information, visit our recognition of prior learning and experience page.
Changes to courses
TAFE NSW reserves the right to:
- run or withdraw any course
- hold a course at a campus other than that advertised
- alter the times or dates for the whole or any part of the course.
If this does happen, you will be advised of the changes and the alternative arrangements which may be available for you to complete your course.
If you have any questions about enrolling in a course, please contact us, we are happy to help. You could also make an appointment to speak with an NSI careers counsellor if you would like to discuss your options.