Marketing can be an invigorating, rewarding career, perfect for those who love to work with people, and who love to delve into what really makes us tick as consumers. The rise of the internet has transformed the way business connects with their customers and has impacted significantly on consumer behaviour. The industry has expanded to encompass new roles in content management, search engine optimisation and social media marketing.
With your marketing skills, you could work in public relations or in product management with some of Australia's leading brands. Find a role in market research, analysis or direct marketing, work on cutting edge digital marketing strategies or work in communications.
Australia has a booming real estate industry and the property services industry provides promising careers for those who want to help others achieve their real estate dreams.
Our property services qualifications will give you with the knowledge and skills needed to meet regulations for licensing with the NSW office of Fair Trading, allowing you to work as a real estate agent.
Some of our courses can be studied online. You can also study a degree program with us or one of our university partners.
A look at the facts...
- Employment for marketing professionals has grown over 33% in the last five years and is expected to continue this growth in the next three years. Marketing professionals have above average earnings.
- Over the five years to November 2017, the number of employment opportunities for real estate sales agents and property managers is expected to be high with more than 50,000 job openings for each.
(Source: IBIS world; joboutlook.gov.au)
A career in marketing and property services
Possible job roles include:
- advertising manager
- advertising assistant
- advertising buyer
- commissioned property worker
- direct marketing manager
- global marketing manager
- licensee operative
- marketing coordinator
- marketing manager
- marketing officer
- marketing research assistant
- sales assistant/manager
- marketing strategist
- licensed real estate agent
- property management
- public relations manager
Study and career pathways
There is more than one pathway to a successful career, and it may not always be in a
Our Career Guide will give you some idea of how the different qualifications fit together and what they mean in the industry.