The operation and success of any business can rise and fall on the strength of management. Effective management will make a difference every day, to business operations and, most importantly, to the careers of the people around them. If you love to lead and motivate others, if you thrive on making decisions and getting things done, then management is a great career choice.
With a course in management, you will learn a range of skills to provide strong leadership, communicate clearly and resolve conflict. You will also develop knowledge of e-business, industrial relations policies, strategic planning, project management and financial planning.
The Northern Sydney Institute offers professional management and human resource management qualifications up to Advanced Diploma as well as integrated degrees with Charles Sturt University and the Australian Graduate Management Consortium.
Some of our courses can be studied online. You can also study a degree program with us or one of our university partners.
A look at the facts...
- Careers in corporate management are highly lucrative, with human resource managers able to earn over $1,800 a week, which is well above the weekly national average.
- Employment for human resource managers has grown by 16% in the last five years and is expected to continue to grow strongly.
- Project managers are highly employable across all industries and have above average full-time weekly earnings.
A career in management and human resources
Possible job roles include:
- administrative manager
- export customer service coordinator
- export/import manager
- frontline manager
- human resources manager
- human resources officer
- international business manager
- international consultant
- international trade manager
- merchandising manager
- operations manager
- project manager
- retail buyer
- retail manager
- safety officers/supervisors
- sales manager
- trade manager
- WorkCover trainers and assessors
Study and career pathways
There is more than one pathway to a successful career, and it may not always be in a
Our Career Guide will give you some idea of how the different qualifications fit together and what they mean in the industry.