Now, more than ever, information technology is embedded in all aspects of today’s world. Across all industries and in our personal lives, IT is there, every day, everywhere.
In the past decade the numbers involved in the expansion of business IT infrastructure and personal computing have been huge. Employment demands in many cases outweigh supply.
The Northern Sydney Institute is a leading provider of leading edge training for the IT industry. We are a select Cisco Academy Training Centre for the Asia Pacific region, a Microsoft IT Academy program member, an accredited Juniper training facility and a Red Hat Enterprise Linux trainer. We also offer the only specialist degree in Information Technology (Network Security) in NSW.
In games design and development we have training that will boost your creativity and give you the programming expertise and experience to succeed in an industry that is fast paced and competitive.
A look at the facts...
- Australia’s ICT industry generates revenues of $85 billion per annum.
- ICT workers account for 4.1% of the total workforce in Australia.
- The Australian Government’s aim is that by 2020 Australia will be among the world’s leading digital economies.
- It is predicted that software publishing and video game design will grow by approximately 70% in the next 10 years.
(Source: IBSA Environment Scan 2012; ABS, IBIS World)
A career in information technology
Possible job roles include:
- 2D/3D artist
- audiovisual editor
- business systems analyst
- creative media consultant/developer
- database administrator/designer/developer
- e-business or e-learning developer
- games designer/developer/programmer
- help desk officer
- interactive digital media developer
- IT manager
- IT technical/user support
- network administrator/ analyst/technician
- systems administrator/analyst
- visual effects designer
- web administrator/ designer/developer
Study and career pathways
There is more than one pathway to a successful career, and it may not always be in a
Our Career Guide will give you some idea of how the different qualifications fit together and what they mean in the industry.