Learn from experts with extensive industry experience
Australia’s love affair with food and the hospitality industry is going strong. We are spending more than ever eating out every week, going to cafés for breakfast and staying in hotels both here and overseas.
The hospitality industry is one of the largest in Australia and it’s growing. The right mix of skills and experience can lead to exciting careers working as an industry professional, with qualifications that can take you anywhere around Australia or internationally.
The Northern Sydney Institute offers you some of the most respected hospitality courses in Australia, with world class facilities, eminent industry partnerships including Le Cordon Bleu and Wine & Spirit Education Trust and highly qualified and experienced trainers.
A look at the facts...
- Careers in the hospitality industry account for an impressive 754,000 jobs nationwide.
- Over the five years to 2017, the number of job openings for chefs is expected to be more than 50,000.
- The catering services industry is in a growth phase and will see a marked increase in jobs opportunities.
Â (Source: IBIS World; ABS, joboutlook.gov.au)
A career in hospitality
Possible job roles include:
- bar attendant/supervisor
- cafe/coffee shop operator
- chef or cook
- food and beverage manager
- gaming attendant
- hotel service supervisor
- Hotel Office Clerk
- Hotel/Motel/Restaurant/Club Manager
- housekeeping attendant
- kitchen hand
Study and career pathways
There is more than one pathway to a successful career, and it may not always be in a
Our Career Guide will give you some idea of how the different qualifications fit together and what they mean in the industry.