Access to government funding and incentive payments
The Northern Sydney Institute is committed to strengthening links with all levels of government and working closely with a range of Commonwealth, state and local government departments and agencies to support the provision of education and training services and initiatives to develop and enhance individuals, organisations and industries.
The Institute can assist your organisation to take advantage of a range of government-funded incentive programs for the skills development of your workforce.
We can assist your organisation to identify potential funding, incentives and subsides, assist you with your application and provide the training required.
The Institute is a provider of the following Commonwealth and state programs:
- WELL – Workplace English Language and Literacy Program
- LLNP – Language Literacy and Numeracy Program
- AMEP – Adult Migrant English Program
- Apprenticeship and Traineeship Program
Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program
All workers need English language and literacy skills to make a full contribution to their workplace and to access workplace training.
Under the Workplace English Language and Literacy Program, the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) provides funding for organisations to assist in training workers in English language, literacy and numeracy skills.
The main aim of the WELL Program is to train workers in their own workplace in English language, literacy and numeracy skills. Funding for WELL training projects is available for organisations that have demonstrated a need for language, literacy and numeracy in the workplace.
The WELL Program has been successfully operating for almost 15 years and has proven to be one of the most effective programs in assisting workers to improve their workplace communication skills.
Some WELL facts at a glance:
- The WELL Program is 75 per cent government funded in the first year: The cost to your organisation is relatively small.
- Onsite training with a flexible timeframe: Delivery is fully customised to suit your needs. For example, employees on different shifts will be able to access the training on days that accommodate production schedules and work rosters.
- Excellent outcomes: NSI has a proven track record of delivering successful WELL programs across a wide range of industries. Outcomes include improved OH&S compliance and improved workplace documentation; increased employee participation in meetings and in-house training and positive attitudes to workplace change.
- Customised workplace program: The training is designed to support and enhance the employees’ role and workplace competencies.
Please contact us to find out more on:
Telephone: 131 674